SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout provides a number of important features and benefits for the end user, installer, architect, and designer:
- Color accuracy – The SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout powder, based on non-pigmented technology provides outstanding accuracy to each color’s standard. Since the color is integral with the sand, it is impossible to wash the color out of the grout (a common problem with cement-based grout). SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout will be most accurate to the LATICRETE Grout and Sealant Colors Card (DS 254.3).
- Color uniformity – SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout utilizes a unique cross-linking technology which is unaffected by the many job site variables (e.g. over-washing, inconsistent mixing, uneven drying conditions, etc…) that produce shade variations, blotchiness, and shading in portland cement based grouts. SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout delivers a uniform color every time.
- Stain resistance – SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout has unique stain blocking properties that repel liquids and many staining materials. In addition, the absorption rate of LATICRETE SpectraLOCK PRO is less than 0.5%, which is comparable to impervious porcelain tiles. This means that SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout is the most stain resistant grout available, and is easy to maintain.
- Superior durability – Properly mixed and installed, SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout cures to a hard, dense grout every time. SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout is unaffected by many of the job site variables that affect the cure of portland cement based grouts. Cement grouts might exhibit powdering, dusting, and flake because of poor curing conditions on the job. This will not occur with SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout.
- Anti-Microbial Protection – SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout contains Microban®anti-microbial protection which helps to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew into the grout. Any mold or mildew that may be present on the surface of SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout will not penetrate into the grout which can be topically cleaned with neutral pH soaps and clean water. Maintaining a suitable and consistent cleaning regimen will keep the installation looking new for many, many years
- Non-staining system – SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout utilizes a non-staining filler powder that will not stain any tile, such as quarry tile, unglazed ceramics, polished porcelain, many marbles and stone, and another unglazed ceramic tile. Portland cement grouts utilize color pigments that can stain these types of tile, but SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout will not stain, even with black or other dark grout colors. Certain types of stone (e.g. Thasos White marble, White Carrara marble/e, other statuary marbles, and other absorptive stone) may draw the grout liquids into them causing a “picture framing” effect which will darken or discolor the stone. Conduct a test area to determine suitability and acceptability.
- Never requires sealing – Due to its low porosity rate (< 0.5%), SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout never needs to be sealed in order to help resist staining.
- Great for narrow joints – As grout joints are specified to be narrow for stone and for rectified tiles, SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout will cure properly and perform extremely well even in tight, narrow joints. SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout can be installed into grout joints from 1/16″ to 1/2″ (1.5 to 12mm).
- Also for re-grouting – SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout is suitable for re-grouting applications where existing grout joints are powdering, dusting out, or need to be replaced.